Pre-Medicine / Pre-Health Opportunities at USC
New Courses Available in Spring 2012!
Contemporary Issues and Cases in Healthcare - MDA 110, 2 units, F 10-12, taught by Dr. Kenneth Geller
Medical Ethics - RELIGION 460, T 2-4:50
Freshman Colloquium (Clinical Perspectives on Human Anatomy and Pathology) - BISC 194, 1 unit, T 11-11:50, taught by Dr. Rahul Jundial
Writing Against Type: Science and Medicine - ENGL 305, Th 2-4:20
For more information go here.
Introducing the new College Pre-Health Advising Program
Office of Pre-Health Advising
3535 S. Figueroa Street, FIG 208
tel: (213) 740-4844
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00
To schedule an appointment please call the Pre-Health Advising Office at (213) 740-4844
Walk-ins available Tuesday and Thursdays from 1-4pm
For additional information, pre-health news and current postings, please visit us:
USC Pre-Health Advisement Facebook Page
UCSF School of Medicine Admissions Workshop
Saturday, March 26, 2011
9:00 a.m. 1:30 p.m.
$10.00 per person
UCSF CAMPUS - COLE HALL
513 Parnassus Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94143
Sponsored by: The University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Office of Outreach & Academic Advancement
Presentations on: Developing a Competitive Application, Understanding the Application Process, A Day in the Life of a Medical Student, Information about the UCSF School of Medicine, and Post Baccalaureate Program
Register online at: http://medschool.ucsf.edu/msaw/ by Sunday, March 20, 2011
For any questions, please call (415) 514-2277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just Released! MCAT Practice Test 11 full-length exams, all new questions!
Practice Test 11 is a full-length, online exam containing newly released MCAT items that previously appeared on the actual exam. While nothing can compare to real test conditions, taking an online practice exam under timed conditions can give students a good idea of how she or he might perform on test day. Students can use one practice test to get a baseline, create a study plan, then come back to take another test to check progress.
Practice Test 11 will provide all the same features of the current practice tests, including:
* same look and functionality of the actual MCAT exam
* timed and untimed practice options
* detailed score reports with feedback on content, skill tested and item difficulty
* detailed solutions for all correct answers
MCAT Practice Test 11 is available for $35 at www.e-mcat.com.
And don't forget that Practice Test 3 is free and available to you by entering your e-mail address under the Join Today for Free! section of www.e-mcat.com.
Medical School Mentors for Undergraduates
Would you like a medical student mentor? Interested in finding out more about medical school and a career in medicine?
We are looking for all interested Juniors and Seniors considering a career in medicine who would be interested in the opportunity to have a Keck medical student mentor. This program targets undergraduate students who are either unsure about medicine or simply seeking a better appreciation of what to expect in their first and second years in medical school.
This is how this program works:
1. We will gather info from Keck students and medically inclined SC Juniors and Seniors and match mentors with mentees based on shared interests and backgrounds.
2. Mentors and mentees will attend a reception/dinner to meet, exchange info and either attend or participate in a medical student panel answering general questions from the undergraduates.
3. Mentors and mentees will agree on a day for the mentee to attend a Keck class and have lunch on campus (paid for by AHMP).
4. At this point, level of involvement for mentors will be variable. We expect that mentors will at least continue to answer emails and questions from their mentee throughout the year.
5. There will be 2 additional workshop sessions for the undergraduates, such as Lunch with a Keck Admissions Representative.
Essentially this is a great opportunity to work with a current medical student to figure out how best to coordinate getting into medical school and what to expect when you get here.
Please respond to email@example.com if you are interested!
Global Impact Corps: A Comprehensive and Unrivaled Global Health Experience
Health Today New Student Organization for all Pre-Health Students
Welcome New and Returning Pre-Health Students