Membership to ASBME is open to any registered student at the University of Southern California who is currently majoring in biomedical engineering (BME), biomedical-biochemical engineering (BMEC), biomedical-mechanical engineering (BMEL), biomedical-electrical engineering (BMEN), or any other related field. Undergraduate and Graduate students can join ASBME.
Membership rates are as follows:$50 for one acacemic school year. Includes membership in ASBMEntors & BMEStart as well.
$30 for a one semester membership only
Dues may be paid at any meeting by cash, credit card**, or checks made out to ASBME. You may also pay online through paypal**.
There is no membership deadline, but you must pay your dues by 9/13/13 to recieve your ASBME t-shirt in the fall. Members paying after this deadline will get shirts in the spring semester.
Dues go toward the ASBME treasury and are budgeted for activities and events held throughout the year, including meetings, field trips, philanthropy events, corporate events, social events, E-Week events, the annual ASBME Corporate Dinner, and BIOMED: ASBME's Beginning of Year Kick-Off
**Payment by Paypal is subject to a 3.5% fee, and payment by Credit Card is subject to a 2.7% fee to cover the cost of providing these services.
BMES is the biomedical Engineering Society, a national society dedicated to the advancement of Biomedical Engineering. ASBME functions as the BMES student chapter at USC. In addition to events provided by ASBME you will receive free internet subscription to the Annals of Biomedical Engineering and BMES Bulletin, and you will be eligible to attend the National Conference.
BMES offers biomedical engineers in academia and industry:
- Access to the latest information and research in the profession.
- A resource for new talent for companies and universities.
- Exposure to an expanding market through advertising and sponsorship opportunities with a fast-growing organization.
BMES offers students, graduate students, and early-career professionals:
- Avenues for social activity and networking with undergraduates, graduates, and faculty through student chapters at more than 100 colleges and universities.
- Access to career professionals, job opportunities, and resources through BMES Career Connections, a members-only section of our website, and the chance to participate in Career Day ar our annual meeting each fall.
- Special awards for both undergraduate and graduate students, including the chance to contribute one of more than 1,200 poster and 500 podium presentations.